Keeping Up with the Joneses

A glimpse into the busy and very blessed life of the Jones Family!







Thursday, January 29, 2009

Wanna know something?

Here's the latest from Hunter...

My aunt Nancy, who teaches at Hunter's school, told me that today in chapel, Hunter looked over and said...
"Nance, my neck holds my head up."
Where, oh where does he come up with these things?

The other night when I was putting him to bed, I thought he was asleep and was starting to leave when he rolled over and announced, "I have teeth in my mouth so I can eat." Ha! Yes you sure do!

One of Hunter's cutest expressions these days is when he looks outside in the evening and asks, "Is it trying to get dark outside?" So cute! Yep, it is trying to!

We call Hunter Forrest Gump sometimes because he has the biggest Southern accent. I love it! He draws out his words and gives one syllable words 2 syllables. It's precious. He calls our dogs "Bent-lay" and "Bay-lay" (Bentley and Bailey). Words with -ing at the end are more like -in for Hunter. "Workin" "Playin" "Goin"
He's a hoot!

Today I asked him if the animals had water. What I meant was the dogs. Apparently, Hunter does not think the dogs are animals and told me point blank, "They're not animals. They are dogs." I should have known. He considered ET on the movie an "Animal." I guess if that's how he sees it, the dogs are surely not animals!

UPDATE on Dana.... She has been moved to Fort Worth to begin rehabilitation. We are so excited and know that without each and every prayer said on her behalf, she could not be where she is. God must have something really incredible in store for her. She recalled a dream to me about 2 weeks ago that she had had. She remembered that she was going to get to go to Heaven if she completed 3 things. She had done 2 and just as she was getting to the third task, it was as if she ran out of time and couldn't go just yet. It gives me chills to think about it. I truly believe that God's plan for her is just beginning to unfold. Her testimony has already spoken volumes and so many people have deepened their faith by watching all she has endured. I know I will never be the same.

According to Chris who talked to his dad tonight, someone at the rehabilitation place assessed her today and said he thought she could make a 100% recovery. Wow! God is so good!

I'm on a roll tonight with new posts, so be sure to check out the others that I posted tonight for pics!

What's a post without a picture??? This is what you get when you have a dish towel on hand and a wild 3 year old looking for entertainment while you cook dinner. He's sporting just a diaper because that's how he naps in the afternoon- we have to take everything off!

No comments: