Keeping Up with the Joneses

A glimpse into the busy and very blessed life of the Jones Family!







Friday, November 14, 2008

Glory to God!!

Great news to report at this time...

Dana did great during the surgery. Chris called me about 1/2 way through to tell me the surgeon felt that all was very positive at that point. She was handling the surgery well, her heart looked very strong, there was no infection around the valve, her lungs were oxygenating well, and the overall news at that point was very positive. Once they took her off of the heart and lung machine, she apparently did not skip a beat and all was good. She will recover in ICU for another couple of days.

The next 24-48 hours are still very critical. The doctors said that the surgery went without complication, but there is always a risk of complication during the post-op time. We will be praying over the next several days that she continues to do so well. It truly is the power of prayer that is evident in the success of today. People all over are so faithful to pray for her and I hope you all know the deep gratitude that we ALL feel.

On another note... this is my 100th post on the blog. People usually make a big deal of this. I can't think of a better post to have than to say that things went as good as they could have. Hallelujah!!

I went to the doctor today and am at 2 and 80%. Apparently I was never at 3 last week, so I stayed relatively the same. Monday is still the plan. I will get there about 6 for the induction and things will get started around 6:15. Yippee! I pray that Monday will be another day of great miracles with Blake's arrival and Dana's continued improvement! What an incredible blessing that would be!!

Oh yea.. as if life couldn't get any more complicated, Hunter has his first ever ear infection. :) Are we having fun yet?


THANK YOU, THANK YOU for the incredible prayers, the thoughtful phone calls and the amazing support you all have shown. We have truly been uplifted through this time and I know that Dana will continue to be carried in prayer in these next several days of her recovery. Many, many thanks!

No comments: