Keeping Up with the Joneses

A glimpse into the busy and very blessed life of the Jones Family!







Thursday, February 2, 2012

Kids say the Darndest things

A few weeks ago, I had to run to the store early on Sunday morning before church. I quickly asked if anyone wanted to go with me, and Hunter volunteered. Even though it was a quick trip for milk, I enjoyed my one-on-one time with my sweet 6 year old. As we were driving home the few blocks from the store, I started talking about memories of driving with him in his carseat as a toddler and how he would talk and talk about trucks and cars and which ones had hitches, which ones didn't, which ones had big gas tanks, which ones had "wittle" ones....Hunter loves to hear fun memories of him as a little kid and what he used to say.

I came around to open his car door and jokingly said, "I should just call you Hitch." To which he quickly replied, "Well, I should just call you, Bi#!@."

Before you go assuming anything at all, he was simply rhyming back at me and had NO IDEA what he was saying. I burst out laughing, quickly explained why I thought it was so funny by telling him that I knew he had no idea it was an ugly word to call someone and knew that he didn't mean it, but I thought it was an innocent gaffe. He was mortified that he said such a thing even though I reassured him it was totally him rhyming back. Too funny!

No comments: