Keeping Up with the Joneses

A glimpse into the busy and very blessed life of the Jones Family!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

8 Years- PART TWO

I may have mentioned that we were shocked to find out that I was pregnant. That is an understatement. Don't get me wrong, I always wanted to have kids, but when the time came for us to realize that it was NOW, we were like deer in the headlights. I must mention that I called the EPT 1-800 line to see if a faint line really meant pregnant. I was told that "99.99 percent that was a positive result." "Positive pregnant?" "Yes ma'am, positive pregnant." Oh my!

On the homefront, we had our house painted on the exterior. We also had a new roof installed. So, in all the craziness, we figured we should have our wood floors finished in the bedrooms. When we first moved, they had been stripped but not stained or sealed and were under carpeting. We had always wanted to have the wood floors instead, so we figured we should pull the trigger. As luck would have it, our AC went out on us. It was so hot and so miserable and every single item from the 2 bedrooms in our house was crammed into every available space in the house. When the whole house is 1400 square feet, that's not many available spaces. See photo below...

So the spring of 2005 I was 25 years old, still teaching 6th grade and tutoring most afternoons. We stayed busy and had so much fun. That June, about 3 weeks after I found out I was pregnant, I taught summer school and raked in the moo-lah. However, I was halfway to miserable every single day with nausea and basically the worst attitude ever!

By the 2nd trimester, I was feeling AWESOME. I was still not showing but felt like a million bucks compared to the nausea and exhaustion of the first trimester.
Here I am about a week before my 20 week ultrasound. We thought for sure it was a girl.

I had an awesome pregnancy and felt really good to the end. I LOVED every minute of it and relished in the anticipation. We found out on August 2, 2005 that we were having a son. We were again surprised and excited!
Here I am about 8 months prego.

Hanging out with the dogs the week before Hunter's arrival.

Hunter's room all ready to go. It was the cutest nursery... this picture does not do it justice.

So, the time finally came. I was scheduled to be induced with Hunter on Friday, December 16th. I decided at the last minute to take the day before off of work. It was a good choice as time would tell. That morning, I slept in (for the last time EVER), cleaned up around the house, went to buy poinsettias for friends at school and drove up to school to deliver them. While I was at the school, my good friend and colleague who was suffering from bone cancer needed to leave and be taken home immediately. My instincts kicked in and I RAN across the parking lot to get her car to take her home. RAN! At 38 1/2 weeks pregnant.

After getting her comfortable at home, I went home and took a bath and then cuddled on the couch watching the Food Network. About 3ish I started having pains in my back. They were 6-7 minutes apart. Finally, after a call to the doctor, we were loaded up and on our way.

I had TERRIBLE back labor and was at 9 cm when I got to the hospital. Luckily, I was able to get an epidural and from there on out, Hunter's delivery was a breeze. We got to the hospital at 4:30pm and he came 2 hours later at 6:40pm. Fast and furious!
My little boy.... 7 lbs 7 oz and 20 1/2 inches.... perfect in every way!

Our little family 10 days before Christmas! One of the most incredible days of my life. Pardon my puffiness. I guess those fluids really do fill you up.

No comments: