Keeping Up with the Joneses

A glimpse into the busy and very blessed life of the Jones Family!







Friday, January 11, 2013

2 1/2 years old

Emily-
How is it you are already 2 1/2? On one hand, it seems you are still my baby and on the other, you are the most mature 2 1/2 year old I know!



A typical day in the life of Emily.... You are our latest sleeper. Today you slept until 9:50- that is unheard of with your brothers. They have never slept until 8 in their lives! Typically, you are up around 7:45-8. You still love to be without clothes. Even in the cold, you are usually without some important part of your outfit...often it's your undies! You fight me on brushing your hair and have definite opinions on clothing. You change shoes many times a day.


You love to play with your brothers and build secret hideouts with them. You bring in bags, dolls, and other trinkets to your imaginary play of the moment.



I should have learned my lesson by now, but you require a greater level of supervision than your brothers. Take the other day when in the course of time of me being on the phone, you had painted your fingernails and toenails with my "I'm not really a waitress" red polish. Oh my!





You love to watch Curious George, Super Why, Nemo and Chipmunks. Your favorite song is "Call me Maybe." This Christmas you loved the theme song to Polar Express, Jingle Bells (and knew all the words), Baby King and others. You can sing your ABC's, count to 5 usually, know a few colors and are talking more each day.



You still come to our bed every night. You don't nap unless it's a school day or we are in the car. Potty training is still great but you do have a harder time with always taking care of everything actually on the potty. ;-)

You are a mile a minute and more and more fun!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: