Keeping Up with the Joneses

A glimpse into the busy and very blessed life of the Jones Family!







Monday, August 22, 2011

I got myself a Kindergartener!

Wasn't it just yesterday that we loaded up our car on a blustery December day with the most precious cargo we could ever imagine. I remember despite the gray early evening outside, pulling up to our house and thinking home had never looked so sweet. From swaddling a delicate newborn, to cheering on a crawling baby, to filming spaghetti dinners and first steps, to watching a little personality emerge and loving every single bit of it, to watching him learn to ride his bike without training wheels and learn so stinkin' fast you can't believe it, to laying out clothes for his first day of kindergarten....how could it be so soon? And yet, I feel we must have accomplished something very worthwhile to walk alongside a confident, excited and eager little boy to his new classroom without a single hesitation. His little wings and early roots seem to be working just fine today.




As a matter of fact, when he walked out to my car grinning ear to ear this afternoon and I asked what his favorite part of the day was, he replied, "Everything!"

I sure hope he knows that's the same way I feel about him!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: